Thursday, July 1, 2010

Trip to the Zoo with Sophie and Karlee

After our morning with Nate, Sophie and I headed to Amber's to spend a little time with Karlee and Katelyn. Amber had been at home with the girls all week so I decided that it would be a good day to go to the zoo with Sophie and Karlee and give Amber a little time with just Katelyn (while getting Karlee out of the house). Amber had a double stroller and my extra carseat was already in the car so I thought that surely I would be able to handle it on my own. The girls were so excited and talked about the animals we were going to see all the way to the zoo. They were so good!!! They love being in the stroller (which helps) and they really got excited about the animals. It wasn't too hot (if you consider mid 80's not hot) and we just stayed a couple of hours. I did get a little brave and let them out at the petting zoo. Sophie loves the goats and just chases them around petting (kind of hitting) them. Karlee says..."no thank you." They were so obedient and held my hand to leave when I told them we had to get our hands washed and back in the stroller. I hadn't really thought about it, but I probably got some funny looks with my pregnant belly and two young girls.
When we got back to Amber's and were eating lunch we were talking about everything we saw and Karlee says "Aunt Jodi pee pee." Of course she would remember that! I hadn't really thought about the whole bathroom thing, but I was drinking lots of water and had to go so I just took them in with me in the stroller and left the stall door open with them facing me. I really didn't care who saw at that point...really didn't have much of an option. I was talking to them while I used the bathroom and I guess that really stood out in Karlee's mind. As you can see, the girls were wiped out when we left, but the 20 minutes ride home was the only nap they took all day.
The girls had so much fun together! We will definitely be going back:)


No comments: