Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sophie and Skyping...

I was on the computer looking up a toy and the website had a sound that did sound a lot like Skype coming on - not that I thought of that right away. Sophie was in the living room playing and ran over to me at the kitchen table saying "Alli...Alli...Alli" (maybe it sounds a little more like "Aldi" but I still knew what she was saying). Then I realized she must have thought it was getting on skype. We were just talking to her last weekend and she is the one we talk to on the computer the most (she lives in Singapore). It was morning for her so I tried to call to see if they were up and if she could skype. When Sophie heard the phone ringing from the computer she was so excited. She even said her own version of "Kyle" which was pretty cute. 
It is hard to believe that Sophie is growing up during a time when talking to someone on the computer and seeing them is actually a reality. It only existed on the Jetson's when I was growing up. I am so glad that Sophie is able to get to know my friends who are all over the country/world. 
In talking about technology, we realized that Sophie is pretty spoiled with Tivo already. When we visited Aunt Joan and Big Dave we had cartoons on the TV in the bedroom when we were getting ready and she got upset when a commercial came on. I didn't think about that fact that she never really has to watch them. A lot of that is due to the fact that we watch PBS and there aren't commercials, but we also Tivo her shows so that she can get what she wants "on demand." It is hard for her to understand that when she asks for Mickey she can't always get it. Sophie is pretty funny when Chad is home and watching TV...she we get the remote from him and bring it to me to ask for the show she wants to watch. Guess she knows who the push over is:)

1 comment: